Wednesday 21 September 2011

SWEET STUFF: Do We Love It or Are We Addicted?

REAL Sweetness Comes From Nature

What in the world has us think real sugar is BAD and synthetic sweetners are GOOD? I hope you still don't think this...and if you do, i am hoping this article may change your mind. It has been decades since TAB softdrink (like diet coke for you young folks) hit the shelves. And like magic a market for diet products was created....we've been getting fatter and sicker ever since. 

You all know about Aspartame (951/E951)...and if you don't you need a slap. This stuff is poison. Google it and get ready to throw out your diet foods forever! Today i am going to feature a good friend of Aspartames...yes another sweetener. (Like we need more of them). Check it out!! 

Acesulphame Potassium (950/E950)

Potential Effects: Prohibited in foods for infants (there's a hint), reported to have produced tumours, leukaemia, and chronic respiratory disease in animal studies. 

Uses: mints, custard powders, dips, snacks, jelly, sauces and toppings, softdrinks, sugar free food and oral care products.

Now I am no rocket scientist but it doesn't take a genius to consider that if they prohibit this stuff in foods for infants, then it can't be good for anyone right?!! Then why is it allowed to be put into our food.

I am glad i have become aware of the things put into food to improve flavours, prelong shelf life and cause us to become addicted. I simply choose not to eat foods like this. It is amazing how my tastes have changed.

I wonder if in 20 years our kids will look back at these times with disbelief....well i hope they do.

My Daughter Loves Natures Lollies

My daughter loves the sweet goodies from natures table and often asks for natures lollies. These include: dates, strawberries, blueberries, cherries...just to name a few.

Whenever Sammi comes home from a birthday party with the bag of lollies she asks me what to do with them..."should we throw them in the bin mummy or give them away". Normally she tosses them in the bin. Occasionally she asks if she can have one...and i say this "baby, close your eyes and see how your body feels. See that it is relaxed and happy. By all means have a lolly, but i want you to take notice how your body feels in about 10 minutes. It is your body and you have to make your own choices about what you eat. Just notice how you feel and become aware of what is in these things".

Later she would tell me her body feels jumpy and yucky. I would then look up the lollies online and tell her what was in it. She rarely asks for them nowadays. 

Additive Categories

Colours
(E100–199) • Preservatives (E200–299) • Antioxidants & Acidity regulators (E300–399) • Thickeners, stabilisers & emulsifiers (E400–499) • pH regulators & anti-caking agents (E500–599) • Flavour enhancers (E600–699) • Antibiotics (E700–799) • Miscellaneous (E900–999) • Additional chemicals (E1100–1599)

3 comments:

Bernie Dee said...

I did an assignment and talk on this at College because my cousin used to drink heaps of this in drinks.
I never liked the taste and certainly wouldn't touch it now I know what it does.

Deb Field said...

Hi Bernie. What experiment did you do? And what results did you get. I would love to hear about it.
The truth is I used to drink this stuff years ago (over 15 years ago)...but i wised up.
Is your friend still drinking it?
deb

Anonymous said...

I don't drink soft drinks and I don't miss them at all. Massive change in life style, still getting used to it.Looking forward to more information on your site.

Post a Comment


Best Blogger Tips

Click the Facebook Like button if you enjoyed this post.
Share your thoughts, experiences and questions in the box below.
Select Name/URL from the dropdown list if you're new at comments.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you...Deb (chief Nudie)